Sunday, November 15, 2015

Penny & Sparrow


Penny & Sparrow is a band made up of the duo: Andy Baxter and Kyle Jahnke.  It is a very simple machine with Jahnke on the guitar with harmonies, and Baxter singing lead.  Their stage presence is relatively intimidating in that neither of them can possibly crack a smile while singing, and they are for the most part stationary in stance.  Their three albums: Struggle Pretty, Tenboom, and Creature are pretty good.  That being said you may be wondering why I would even choose to write about this artist who is just pretty good.  Well, I recently had the pleasure of attending a live performance by P&S and I had high expectations because many of their high points in the recordings come from their perfect and unique harmonies.  After their mesmerizing performance I have not been able to stop listening to their recordings- wishing that I could enjoy the live presence of their harmonies again.  I would have never had such a feeling if I had only been able to hear them through my Spotify account and a set of headphones.  The live experience was what set them apart.
 This experience has made me seek out more concerts and performances like this because I realized that an experience is something that can be shared with someone more than any possession.  So with my cheap frugal college lifestyle I plan on using my entertainment money to seek out experiences with others and seek out more gems like Penny & Sparrow.  You should check out P&S and also get out there and experience something!

No comments:

Post a Comment